Design of the hall in the apartment (16 m2)
Even in a small city apartment, you can perfectly furnish the room to receive guests without hiring a designer. Let’s consider how to project the design of the living room (16 m2) and create a harmonious interior.
Design of the hall (16 m2) in modern style
The existing methods of decoration of the living room in the modern style can adhere to such directions as high-tech, techno, modern, art decor, loft, minimalism, vintage and kitsch.
Interior in Scandinavian style
In creating this style, you should consider that it has no wealth and splendor; therefore, the lounge will look warm and cozy. Use simple elements, without pretentiousness, but preserve the notes of modernity in the interior. Simple decoration is aimed at creating the comfort without excesses in the living room.
Decorating the house in Scandinavian style, you should use the light color scheme. The walls must be of soft pastel colors, while the furniture should be made of natural materials (perfectly — wood). Small accents can be made in dark colors.
Lighting used in the interior must be artificial, with the use of soft matte glass.
Design of the hall (16 m2) in the loft style
Such style of the living room came from America, where the industrial premises are transformed into the residential ones. This style is characterized by the presence of uncluttered spaces, which are easy to get even when creating the interior of the living room (16 m2) in modern style at the expense of replanning.
Design of minimalistic hall
This style is characterized by the combination of simplicity and the use of minimum number of items.
Advice! Using the accessories, remember that they must have a clear form.
It is not permitted to decorate the interior of small living room (with an area that doesn’t exceed 16 m2) in modern style with the drawings in carved frames, different statues and other fancy elements: such entourage can fit perfectly into the classic style (but not modern).
Living room in kitsch style
To decorate the room in kitsch style, it is enough to have any bright idea that you’d like to realize when creating the interior of the living room of average area (up to 20 m2). This style allows for various solutions. In this, finishing of the living room will be pretty, and at the same time unusual, as it will contradict the other, more common directions.
Living rooms, decorated in this style, often look a little rough, but at the same time bright, lush and unusual.
Design of the living room (16 m2)
You can rationally arrange the furniture and domestic appliances to save as much free space as possible. Transformation of the living room (16 m2) into the full-fledged living room can include the following stages:
- definition of function of the future premises (to receive guests, rest, watching TV and arranging feasts);
- planning of the general style of the living room;
- development of detailed design of the room;
- renovation and interior decoration of the room;
- placement of furniture
Advice and recommendations
To make the space cozy, you should consider several recommendations in the design of the living room (16 m2):
- To visually increase a small living room, it is enough to hang a mirror. Fully mirrored sidewall makes the interior luxury. Apart from mirrors, there are lots of other glossy surfaces that reflect the light properly.
- If there are many things, you can use the hidden storage places for them. These can be niches for the linen in the sofas, case-compartment and high bookcases. There are also multifunctional beds, tables and transformer cupboards, which will be perfect for a small apartment.
- Corners often stay free, even though one can make the most of them. Corner sofas and cabinets are intended for this purpose. You can separate a free angle with a small wall from gypsum cardboard or bookcase, where the work area with a writing table and a computer will be placed.
- Other useful items, necessary for a small living room: folding chairs and sofas, slide table and backless sofa.