Fountains are adorable! Relive the pond, setting a fountain in it. Spurting water will create a unique effect, surprising and delighting all who comes to the garden. In addition, fountains are useful because during the work they enrich the air with oxygen.
Essentially, fountains – are a jet of water of different configurations, which rise up and fall down with sparkling drops. This simplicity is not always appreciated, so the search is on for a more refined method of spraying water.
The variety of shapes of fountains and spraying of water, can be achieved with the help of modern underwater pump. Beginners, perhaps, better to choose a simple spraying fountain, jets of various shapes are created with interchangeable nozzles adapted for typical underwater pumps.
Types of fountains:
- Fountain – geyser is perfect for an open, windswept area. For it you need a powerful underwater pump.
- Fountain – bell. The most calm kind of structure for running water. They are good to use in small formal ponds, quiet corners of the garden, or in the mini – reservoirs of natural style.
- Simple separating jet. Water drops in large drops. These fountains are good for places where sunbeams create a play of light.
- The spray jet. It creates a very nice visual effect and produces magical sounds. Good for small reservoirs.
- A single nebulizer. It looks good on any water body.
In fact, you can collect the entire collection of tips, feeding jets of various shapes, and change them at will.
There are rules regulating the use of fountains: if the garden is windswept it is reasonable to limit the height of any jet fountain with half of radius of the reservoir. In sheltered garden, a jet of water at a height may be equal to the diameter of the pond or pool.
Simple single fountain jet is often a visual center, but it also can be used to separate spaces or interrupting perspectives, forcing the viewer to stop before going further.
Single-jet fountains are also used in asymmetrical design for contrast. More photo water fountains – here
Pumps and filters.
Pumps with filters are used for pumping water. They work from the network and through the impeller take water into one end of the water tap line and deliver it at the other end connected to the water body, such as a fountain.
There are two main types of pumps:
- low voltage submersible
- high voltage located on the surface of water.
In ponds and fountains, we basically only use submersible pumps. Circuit breaker eliminates the danger of electric shock. To each pump is attached also the filter and more often it is built directly into the pump, but sometimes (when the size of the pond is great) it is installed detached from the pump.